Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Another of my favorites from the little book "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." This is a really nice treat the kids'll love.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Set oven to broil.
- In a mixing bowl, blend ricotta cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of ricotta mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Fold ends of each tortilla in and roll up like a burrito.
- Place on a cookie sheet and broil for approximately 1 minute.
- Serve warm.
not bad, but totally didn't work out for me. i rolled the filling in the shell (but added more, because 2 Tbsp. wouldn't fill the tortilla), when i broiled them, all the filling spilled out all over the cookie sheet. i like the idea, but i'd have to play with it a lot to make it work out right
I love the concept here and would definitely play with it some as the possibilities are endless. The ricotta and cinnamon filling was superb and would make a tasty treat in it's own right. That said, it felt as though the balance in the amount of filling to tortilla was out of balance with lots of shell and little on the inside, even when I added a couple of thinly sliced strawberries to the center. Again the idea is great and I think adding more filling might be the trick. Made for the I recommend Tag Game.
Easy dessert to do when we want something quick. Next time I'll put less cinnamon. IT was too much. Made for ZWT 3