Recipe by EPeezie
Sweet Tomato/Souplantation restaurants featured this soup on their menus in February 2012 in honor of potatoes. It was so good I hunted it down. Great autumn soup!
- 2 1⁄4 cups diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 12 cups diced peeled yams, cut into 1/2 # cubes or 3 lbs yams
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen corn
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable stock base
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, combine red onion, butter and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add water, yams, corn, vegetable base, thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaves to pot. Bring to boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until yams are tender.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Blend soup to puree with a handheld blender, leaving small pieces of yams.
- Add cream and parsley to pot and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.