Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is a quick recipe using canned ingredients or fresh ingredients.I made a similar home canned recipe from this basic recipe. This can be served over macaroni or rice.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Loved it... these were easy and yummy. A good way to inject more taste into smokies (knackworstjes)rather than just bland and boiled. It's also easy to put together and goes equally well with rice or potatoes or pasta. I will be making this again. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars. Thanks!
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 2 fresh vine ripe tomatoes, chopped or 425.24 g cancanned tomatoes with juice
- 78.07 ml honey
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar or 2 (2 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 14.79 ml yellow mustard
- 9.85 ml brown sugar (optional)
- 2 sweet green peppers, cored, seeded, diced, chunks
- 453.59 g package Little Smokies sausages, plain
Directions See How It's Made
- In large frying pan, add onion and olive oil, cook until transparent, add tomatoes or canned tomatoes with juice, stir in honey, barbecue sauce, sugar or splenda, yellow mustard, brown sugar.
- Cook about ten minutes on low heat, stir.
- Add green peppers and little smokies sausages.
- Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over macaroni or rice.