Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another Jaime Oliver recipe.
Make and share this Sweet Tomato and Baked Ricotta Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb piece ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 28 ounces cansgood quality plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta or 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 handful fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F Rub the ricotta with 1 tbsp olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and cook 20 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- In a skillet fry the onion and garlic with the butter and remaining olive oil over medium heat for about five minutes, or until softened. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes. Break tomatoes up with a spoon. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and stir for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to directions on package and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Toss the pasta with sauce and use some of the cooking water to loosen if necessary. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Add most of the basil and parmesan. Place in a serving bowl, topping with baked ricotta and remaining basil and parmesan.