Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this recipe on the net that's sweet, creamy, and yummy!!!
Make and share this Sweet Thai Roti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ice cold water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- sugar, for sprinkling
- sweetened condensed milk, for drizzling
- oil (for frying)
- Sift the flour into a hill on a clean surface.
- Make a well in the middle and add in egg, melted butter, ice water and salt.
- Use your hand to incorporate the mixture into a dough. Knead until the dough is soft and form into balls about the size of a duck's egg.
- Roll lightly in oil and let rest for three hours.
- When you are ready to make the roti, roll each ball of dough as thin as it will go, forming a flat disk. Make a pile as you go.
- Warm frying pan at high heat. Add in oil. Place in the roti, flatten with heavy plate if it puffs up.
- Fry until light golden brown on both sides. Remove the roti from the pan, sprinkle with a little sugar and drizzle with the sweetened condensed milk.