Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Baked chicken wings tossed in a tangy sauce made with sweet thai chili, siracha, ginger, and soy sauce. From Life's Ambrosia.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken wings, tips trimmed and cut at the joint
- 1⁄4 cup sweet Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (siracha)
- In a bowl whisk together peanut oil, rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, garlic, ginger and chili oil (if using). Place chicken wings in marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place marinated chicken wings on top, cook 20 – 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin has darkened. Turning once.
- In another bowl whisk together sweet Thai chili sauce, 1 teaspoon of sriracha and remaining teaspoon of soy sauce. Taste and add more sriracha if desired.
- Transfer hot wings to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.
I have learned a thing or two about Thai food. I wish I had discovered it 20 years ago. Made for Spring PAC 2012.