Not a spicy dish like the other Texas Caviars out there, so I'm calling it 'sweet' due to the sugar. I got this from a friend several years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. My brother-in-law goes crazy over it. It's a great party or potluck food. We always serve it on Fritos 'scoops', but tortilla chips would work, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium yellow onions or 1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 2 -3 dashes salt (optional)
- 2 -3 dashes pepper (optional)
- 1 bag Fritos corn chips, 'scoops'
- 1Rinse the canned items.
- 2Chop the veggies.
- 3Mix everything together and let marinade 2 or more hours. (Overnight is best.)
- 4Serve on Fritos'Scoops'. (or other chip.)
- 5This dip is great for parties as it can sit out for several hours without refrigeration.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Texas Caviar
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fritos corn chips