Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet teriyaki flavor great for beef or chicken
- 4 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot (grated)
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan over low heat and blend until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Refrigerate up to 2 weeks until needed.
- Pour marinade over meat (up to 3lbs) in a ziplock bag.
- Marinade for at least two hours, or up to 24 hours for a deeper, more tender flavor.
- Good for use with beef or chicken kabobs, grill over medium heat.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before grilling to allow even cooking.
- The sugar tends to char quickly over an open flame, so brush with vegetable oil often when grilling.