Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very light, yet satisfying.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat a skillet with spray, and heat to medium high heat. Add chicken, cook for 4 minutes in each side until browned.
- Add mixture, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Uncover, turn chicken, and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is chickened. Serve.
I've made this several times now and only just realized I never reviewed it. This turns out a juicy, flavorful chicken breast - plus your kitchen will smell great while it cooks! I serve this with my mexi-corn dip and (of course!) margaritas! Thanks for sharing, Erin.