Recipe by Annacia
For the perfect summer refreshment, turn to sweet tea. This has a splash of rum and a hint of lime juice. Garnish with watermelon and mint for a great looking glass. The cook time is chill time.
- 6 cups water
- 8 black tea bags, such as Earl Grey
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum, such as Bacardi, chilled (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- ice cube
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- lime wedge
- fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan bring 3 cups of the water to boiling. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; let steep for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Transfer tea to a heatproof pitcher.
- Stir brown sugar into tea until dissolved. Stir in the remaining 3 cups water, the rum, and lime juice. Cover and chill for 2 to 48 hours.
- To serve, pour tea mixture into highball glasses over ice cubes. Slowly pour in club soda; stir gently. Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges on toothpicks , and mint leaf or sprig.