Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living's facebook page featuring 19 Refreshing Sweet Tea Recipes -- Originally in Southern Living May 2011
- 2 cups sweetened tea
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 large jalapeno chile (seeded and minced)
- 1 large fresh peach (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring tea to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; stir in rice and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until tea is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add pecans, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Add jalapeno, and saute 1 minute.
- Stir in hot cooked rice, diced fresh peach, chives, 1/4 teaspoons salt, and pepper.