Recipe by Darlene Summers
I made this pie yesterday and my husband just ate the last piece. I ate 1 small piece yesterday! He said it was the best sweet potato pie he had ever eaten.
- 2 large red sweet potatoes
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 jiffy pie crusts (or make your own, but one for a one-crust pie) or 1 already made frozen pie crust (or make your own, but one for a one-crust pie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes till tender (may microwave them if you wish, but must let cool); mash till smooth consistency.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups of mashed potato.
- Place potatoes in large bowl and mix in brown sugar (may use food processor or electric mixer).
- Add evaporated milk, 3 eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, mace and salt.
- Brush your pie crust with the beaten egg white.
- Put filling into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400° for about 45 minutes, or till puffed around edges and set in middle.