Recipe by shimmerysummersun
I haven't tried these yet but they sound good and I bet they'd be pretty at a Thanksgiving table.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large oranges, halved
- 32 additional mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered saucepan, cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, concentrate, sugar, cream, and butter on low until smooth.
- Stir in marshmallows and pecans; set aside.
- Remove pulp from oranges, leaving a shell. (Discard pulp or save for another use.).
- Spoon sweet potato mixture into shells. Place four marshmallows on top of each.
- Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.