Recipe by O-mama
A favorite of ours when I don't misplace the recipe (hence the posting on here! *wink*). Originally from a booklet of recipes that my mother can no longer find in her collection. Freezes well.
Top Review by Kim127
This just wasn't a hit in our house. We just didn't feel like the flavors meshed very well. The chicken itself had a nice flavor, but with the sweet potato and beans, it lost something. I may have enjoyed it more if it wasn't all mixed together, but then that would omit the whole recipe. I'm sorry we didn't enjoy it more, it sounded yummy.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except canned green beans in a skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to LOW heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add canned green beans towards the end and heat through.
- Nicely finished off with some crusty rolls.
- Note: The original recipe called for fresh green beans (I don't recall how much though) and they were added with the other ingredients at the get go.
- Note2: My attention was called to the fact that I had not originally posted whether it was cooked or fresh chicken -- I've always used leftover chicken, but would imagine that fresh could be utilized with perhaps some tweaking of the cook time. Will have to experiment with it the next time I have some fresh breasts defrosted.
- Note 3: It has better flavor when the spices are ground together with a mortar and pestel before adding to skillet.