Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite of ours when I don't misplace the recipe (hence the posting on here! *wink*). Originally from a booklet of recipes that my mother can no longer find in her collection. Freezes well.
- Combine all ingredients, except canned green beans in a skillet.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to LOW heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add canned green beans towards the end and heat through.
- Nicely finished off with some crusty rolls.
- Note: The original recipe called for fresh green beans (I don't recall how much though) and they were added with the other ingredients at the get go.
- Note2: My attention was called to the fact that I had not originally posted whether it was cooked or fresh chicken -- I've always used leftover chicken, but would imagine that fresh could be utilized with perhaps some tweaking of the cook time. Will have to experiment with it the next time I have some fresh breasts defrosted.
- Note 3: It has better flavor when the spices are ground together with a mortar and pestel before adding to skillet.
This just wasn't a hit in our house. We just didn't feel like the flavors meshed very well. The chicken itself had a nice flavor, but with the sweet potato and beans, it lost something. I may have enjoyed it more if it wasn't all mixed together, but then that would omit the whole recipe. I'm sorry we didn't enjoy it more, it sounded yummy.
Yummy dinner. I thought it would be more bland then it was, actually. The rosemary gives it really nice flavor. I used frozen green beans that I put in at the beginning. Also, I used a whole can of chicken broth because I didn't think it looked like enough. The 1 cup would have been fine. I used chicken I had poached and this was a nice healthy dinner.
I'm assuming the listed ingredient "3 cups chopped chickens" is already cooked, but it doesn't specify?