A favorite of ours when I don't misplace the recipe (hence the posting on here! *wink*). Originally from a booklet of recipes that my mother can no longer find in her collection. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients, except canned green beans in a skillet.
- 2Bring to a boil then reduce to LOW heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- 3Add canned green beans towards the end and heat through.
- 4Nicely finished off with some crusty rolls.
- 5Note: The original recipe called for fresh green beans (I don't recall how much though) and they were added with the other ingredients at the get go.
- 6Note2: My attention was called to the fact that I had not originally posted whether it was cooked or fresh chicken -- I've always used leftover chicken, but would imagine that fresh could be utilized with perhaps some tweaking of the cook time. Will have to experiment with it the next time I have some fresh breasts defrosted.
- 7Note 3: It has better flavor when the spices are ground together with a mortar and pestel before adding to skillet.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Tater Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 195.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 19.9 g