Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are yummy!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- Sift dry ingredients; cut shortening into dry ingredients.
- Combine milk and sweet potatoes.
- Add to first mixture and stir quickly.
- Knead, using as little flour as possible.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured glass or cutter.
- Arrange on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 12 to 15 minutes.