Recipe by #1ChefJeff
A lovely sweet and tart dessert pie that is sure to satisfy your desire to escape the normal pallet of taste. This is one of my original recipes, so I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.
- 1 (12 ounce) can cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 pilsberry refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 quarts canned peaches in juice
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 5 quart no-stick pot, add peaches, cranberries, and sugar, Bring to a boil stirring constantly and remove from heat.
- Add cornstarch to cold cranberry juice and stir until mixed well. Pour immediately into hot peach mix. Stir well and set filling aside.
- Spray 2 pie baking dishes with no-stick spray and line the bottoms of pie dishes with soft pie shells pressing to bottom and sides. Trim off excess crusts.
- Moisten the edges that make contact with the top with watter or egg wash, which ever you prefer.
- Fill bottom crusts with equal amounts of filling, stopping about 1/4 inch from top.
- Unroll and cover with remaining 2 pie shells, pressing down around the edges to seal them together, cut off excess crust.
- With a sharp knife cut at least 3 long slits in tops to allow pie to vent.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes and tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 45 minutes.