Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
One of the "old standards" that I get a lot of requests for when we have get-togethers. It's also nice because you can make it a day or two ahead of time and i actually prefer it that way. Kid-friendly, too.
- 1 lb noodles (mostacolli or penne works best)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Cook noodles, drain and coat with oil.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, Accent, garlic powder and mustard; pour over noodles.
- Add veggies and toss to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate. Best if marinated atleast 1 day, if not 2.
- "Cooking time" on recipe reflects marinating time.
I could live on it! Adjust sugar and vinegar to your own personal taste.