Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the crust for the Apple Tart Normande that I am posting in responce to a request.
- 14 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 -5 tablespoons ice water
- 2 egg yolks, beaten with the ice water
- In a food processor, cut the butter into the flour.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- Do not overwork.
- Add the egg yolk and water mixture little by little.
- Process 15-20 seconds.
- Turn the pastry out onto a floured board.
- Blend the pastry by pressing it into a ball and kneading it quickly with the heel of your hand until no lumps remain As with the pastry, work as quickly as possible, and use as little additional flour as possible to avoid toughening the dough Chill the dough at least 20 minutes.