Recipe by Ceezie
This is a twist on a salad from Ellie Krieger. This dressing is also great on chicken.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- one 10-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the green beans and frozen edamame in a steamer basket over several inches of boiling water and steam them for 4-6 minutes. Drain well, then transfer to a large bowl and put them in the refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes or longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, apricot preserves, and ginger.
- Add the scallions to the green beans and edamame, drizzle with the dressing, and toss to coat. Season with salt, and serve at room temperature or chilled. This salad will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 3 days.