Sweet, Tart, and Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Salad
- For dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients to blend in small bowl; let dressing stand while preparing salad.
- For salad: Peel half of cucumbers; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with small spoon. Cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups) and place in large strainer set over bowl.
- Cut off ends from remaining cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/2 to 3 cups); add to strainer. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; let drain 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanuts; sauté until golden. Using slotted spoon, transfer peanuts to paper towel to drain.
- Combine shrimp, cabbage, bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, and basil in large bowl.
- Pat cucumber pieces dry and add to salad. Toss with dressing; sprinkle with peanuts and black sesame seeds.