Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy raw garden veggies flavored in a sweet tarragon marinade... so good tossed onto a little fresh garden lettuce. If snow peas are fresh and young enough, you don't need to cook them. Our garden is giving them up daily; but this dish can be tailored to whatever your garden's producing or whatever's on sale at the store that week.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced,white and a little green
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup pea pods, trimmed
- 1 cup zucchini, unpeeled,chopped
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, green onions, tarragon, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Combine vegetables in a shallow dish and toss with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off marinade before serving, or toss vegetables with some lettuce and use marinade as the dressing.
Delish and so easy--perfect for potlucks. I tossed the marinated veggies with spinach leaves for a wonderful flavorful salad using snow peas instead of pea pods. Thanks for sharing!