Recipe by daisygrl64
The marinade enhances both the subtle flavor and the tenderness of this popular cut of meat. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup country-style dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef top round steak, cut 1-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- in medium bowl stir together all marinade ingredients. pierce steak with fork, place steak in plastic ziplock bag. pour in marinade and seal bag.
- refrigerate 24 hours.
- heat broiler, drain steak, reserve marinade.
- place steak on greased boiler pan. broil 4 to 5 "in from heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- turn steak over, brush with marinade, continue broiling for 4 to 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- in 1qt saucepan cook remaining marinade over medium heat until heated through.
- to serve, cut steak on the diagonal into thin slices.
- serve with hot marinade, great served with mashed or boiled baby potatoes.