Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa (I use medium)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (500 g) package Green Giant California-Style frozen vegetables
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- butter (optional) or margarine (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place chicken in a rectangular oven-safe pan with sides.
- If its a tight fit, they can be squished together Chop onion finely.
- Combine in a small bowl in this order; chopped onion, brown sugar, ketchup, salsa, and spice.
- Stir together and pour over chicken.
- Bake in hot oven, uncovered.
- Set timer for 30 minutes.
- Combine rice and water in an oven-safe pot.
- Cover and cook in hot oven beside chicken.
- When the timer rings for the chicken, both are ready.
- Rinse vegetables in a colander under cold water.
- Place in a medium size microwave-safe pot or casserole dish with lid.
- Microwave at high for 5 minutes, then let stand.
- Add spices to vegetables.
- Microwave at high for 2 additional minutes, just before serving.
- Add butter only if necessary.