Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Campbell's -- quick and easy to put together.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups cooked rice, hot
- Heat butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add soup, water, sugar and vinegar. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minute or until done.
- Serve over rice.
Very quick. I cut the chicken into bite sized chunks b4 browning and added some garlic powder. Used 14 oz ready made soup, which might have made it a little thin. I added a thickener. I think next time I would saute some onions and add a little more seasoning. Served with noodles bcz I didn't want to wait for the brown rice, but think rice would be better to soak up the soup. Kids liked it; tagge in Kid Friendly Tag.
Yet another great way to serve chicken breasts! Some additional seasonings could probably have been added, but I did like the simplicity of the recipe! Enjoyed the addition of the vinegar here, & it was all served with my usual brown rice! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed inZaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]