Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for picnics and potlucks.
Make and share this Sweet Tangy Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slice thck bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml barbecue sauce
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 3 (1360.77 g) can pinto beans, drained
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir well.
- Lightly grease/spray a 2-quart casserole dish. Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 25-30 more minutes or until bubbly and browning.
I loved the apple and BBQ sauce in this recipe. (I just bought a large can of pork/beans instead of the pintos) A Granny Smith apple gives this a nice bite of SNAP. :) I cooked them as instructed for 2 hours and the beans were super caramelized with the brown sugar and sauce. YUM! Made for 2 events in Cooking Photos--Cool Beans! and Special Meals. Thanks to Parsley, a Cool Bean, herself.