Prep 0 mins
Cook 32 mins
- 250 g tamarind pulp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon methi seeds
- 2 tejpatta
- 2 dried red chilies, each broken into half
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 500 g jaggery, broken down to small stones
- Wash the imli, soak it in one 250 ml water for 10 minutes or more.
- Rub the tamarind in the water using your palm to squeeze out the pulp from the imli.
- Transfer the water along with the pulp to separate vessel.
- Put some more water to the imli.
- Leave for 5 minutes and rub it again to squeeze out the remaining pulp.
- Add this pulpy water to the pulp extracted earlier.
- Heat oil in karaahi, add methi, dried red chilly, tejpatta and saunf.
- When saunf begins to splutter, add imli pulpy water to it.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add jaggery and let the pulpy water cook with it on slow flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve as an accompaniment to snacks or rice- daal.