Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 32 corn husks, dried
- 1 cup lard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups masa harina mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- Soak husks according to directions in Basic Tamales.
- For tamale dough: Beat lard and salt until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in masa mix alternately with water until very light and fluffy.
- Add brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, mixing until well blended.
- To assemble tamales: Drain corn husks; pat dry.
- Spread 2 tablespoons dough on center of husks, forming a 3 x 2-inch rectangle and spreading completely to right edge. Spoon 1 teaspoon each pecans and raisins lengthwise down center of rectangle. To enclose and steam tamales, proceed according to directions in Basic Tamales.