Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in the local paper here in Colorado.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked per package directions
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pancake syrup, any kind
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Beat eggs well in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan Sprinkle topping over kugel Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This is a delicious noodle kugel that came out perfectly. I put oil instead of margarine in the noodles and instead used the margarine with the cornflake crumbs as speaking from personal experience the crumbs don't crisp up without it. I also added a little vanilla to the noodles as well. If you enjoy sweet noodle kugel I highly recommend this one.
Tasty sweet kugel. I cut the recipe in 1/3, using a 8x8 glass pan to cook it in, and followed the recipe exactly except for leaving off the cornflakes (I've had them on kugels before and prefer them without). I do think that 1 hour is too long of a baking time. My other kugel recipe only cooks for 45 minutes, and at 58 minutes (the first time I checked it), the noodles on the top were too brown & crunchy. Still, the interior of the kugel was creamy and had just the right amount of sweetness.