1/1 Photo of Sweet Sweet Potatoes
This is a wonderful recipe that goes back years, the addition of orange juice seems to bring out the flavour --- to save time you can even cook the potatoes a day ahead, and this may easily be doubled or even tripled to serve a large dinner party --- this is so delicious! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425°F.
- 2Butter a medium-size baking dish.
- 3In a saucepan cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, or until just firm-tender; drain well and transfer to baking dish.
- 4Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl or cup.
- 5Sprinkle the potatoes with the brown sugar mixture and toss gently to coat.
- 6Drizzle with orange juice.
- 7Dot with butter all over.
- 8Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows.
- 10Return to oven and bake for another 2 minutes longer, or until marshmallow are puffed and golden coloured.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 459.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g