Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is a wonderful recipe that goes back years, the addition of orange juice seems to bring out the flavour --- to save time you can even cook the potatoes a day ahead, and this may easily be doubled or even tripled to serve a large dinner party --- this is so delicious! :)
- 4 small sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsweetened orange juice
- 59.16 ml butter, cubed into small pieces
- 236.59 ml mini marshmallows (can use a bit more if desired)
- Set oven to 425°F.
- Butter a medium-size baking dish.
- In a saucepan cook sweet potatoes in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, or until just firm-tender; drain well and transfer to baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl or cup.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the brown sugar mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Drizzle with orange juice.
- Dot with butter all over.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to oven and bake for another 2 minutes longer, or until marshmallow are puffed and golden coloured.
Another favorite Kitten recipe that is yum yum. I doubled this recipe for Christmas day to feed 5 and I had only about 1/4 of the recipe left. Fantastic Carol!!!
I used your recipe for Thanksgivng. I mashed the sweet potatoes with the spices so my granddaugthers would eat them but I forgot to add the orange juice. Everyone said how much they liked them and I didn't have leftovers. Next time I will have to remember the orange juice. Thanks Kittencal. Bullwinkle
I have never made Sweet Potatoes before & have never tried them either....now I can say I have & love them. Everyone at the table enjoyed these & declared me the official sweet potato cook! Thanks!