Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, nourishing and delicious. Reminiscent of a baked custard. You must use whole nutmeg and grate it for this recipe. And even though it only uses a tiny bit of butter a good quality organic butter is the best.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream (optional)
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork a few times, wrap in aluminium foil ,Cand bake on a tray at 180.C till tender.
- Carefully unwrap and cut in half or gingerly remove skin, Mash slightly with a fork
- Smear butter along surface, sprinkle the nutmeg (it is best to use a microplane and grate it straight over the top) and then the sugar.
- Drizzle cream over the top and enjoy.
Yummy sweet potato! I did use the optional cream and enjoyed the richness that it added. Sweet and creamy - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013