Recipe by ILefkowitz
Due to an abundance of yellow squash this summer I have been trying to come up with new ways to serve it. This particular version was quick and easy with a different flavor. Cilantro, lemon and honey keep it sweet but not too sweet. My family loved it.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1 inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in saute pan.
- When hot, add scallion and garlic. Saute until garlic is browned but not burnt.
- Add squash and let brown on one side (about 3 - 5 minutes). Turn over and let brown on other side.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, cilantro and honey.
- Let cook until squash is browned on other side. Stir gently to mix all flavors.