Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a summer favorite in our house. It is sweet and creamy and even this large pot doesn't last long!
- 1 sweet onion
- 5 lbs yellow potatoes
- 6 ears corn
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- This recipe require a large 6 quart stock pot.
- Shuck the corn, cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Peel and dice the potatos and set aside.
- Chop the onion and add it to the stock pot with the butter.
- Cook the onions in the butter on medium heat until translucent.
- Add the potatos and the seasoning salt to the stock pot and stir to coat.
- Allow the potatos to cook in the butter for a few minutes while stirring them ocassionally so they do not stick or brown, this allows them to absorb the flavor and the starches will start to cook out which helps to thicken the chowder.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce to medium high and allow the potatos to cook for 10 minutes on a slow boil.
- Add the corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk the flour into the light cream.
- Pour the light cream and flour mixture into the stock pot and cook at a slow boil until the chowder thickens.