Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Stevia Cookbook" by Ray Sahelian MD & Donna Gates
Make and share this Sweet Sugarless Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper) & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder & nutmeg.
- Place the eggs & stevia in a large bowl & beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Form the dough into 2-inch balls & place them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Variations: Place a pecan half on top of each cookie before baking. Or, flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass then make a thumblike depression in the center - fill the depression with your favorite jelly, jam, chocolate or carob chips before baking.
One star for the quality of my ingredients. They tasted really awful. I would NOT share with my diabetic friends. I made a cream cheese frosting with pecans and iced them so as not to waste the ingredients.
Does the book provide conversions if someone is cooking with concentrated stevia (the kind that calls for, like, 1/40th a tsp for a drink)?