Recipe by VeganKitten
These are delicious sugar cookies. They're so good in fact, that most people don't realize they're vegan!
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegan margarine (softened)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the granulated sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for about an hour and a half to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (f).
- Roll out the dough to ¼" thick on a lightly floured surface, and use cookie cutters to cut the dough.
- Place cookies on a greased pan, and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for seven to ten minutes, until edges begin to brown.