Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My family loves this bread recipe. It's easy to make and it is so different from other recipes. It's a slightly sweet bread and makes a fantastic sub-style sandwich. The guys at my husband's job BEG me to make this.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
- Put ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Process on dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove from machine to floured cloth or board.
- Cut dough into six pieces and shape each piece into a long loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
I made subs out of these and although they were a little too dense for my liking, the taste was outstanding. I think these would make better dinner rolls then subs- I'm going to hang on to this one! Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Texture is smooth, flavor flows out sweet and even.
This was excellent! Made just as recipe states. Next time I will add some garlic powder and Italian seasoning and make into dinner rolls. Thanks for sharing.