Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have been finding it difficult to find a cannelloni recipe that makes it a sweet dessert. I found this one on the Australian ABC NSW website, and thought it would be fun to try. I'll let you know how it goes!
- 6 cannelloni tubes
- 350 g fresh ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 candied clementine, finely chopped
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- butter, for greasing
- Combine ricotta, brown sugar, pine-nuts, lemon zest, mint, nutmeg, cinnamon, candied clementine and egg white.
- Carefully stuff cannelloni with filling and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Cover with pouring cream and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake in a 190C oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve one cannellone on a plate with fresh berries or a tablespoon of hot chocolate sauce, made by melting equal amounts of cream and chocolate over a low heat with a teaspoon of vanilla and a cinnamon stick.
Brilliant! Delicious! Superb! What more can I say? My family just loves pasta so this recipe was the exact right thing for dessert. Thanks for posting!