1/5 Photos of Sweet Strawberry Cupcakes from Sprinkles Cupcake Shop
1 hr 22 mins
Chef #812167's Note:
People wait in line for cupcakes from Sprinkles Cupcakes, a cupcake shop with a new store location in Palo Alto. Co-owner and pastry chef Candace Nelson shares a recipe for strawberry cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 113.39 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 59.14 ml whole milk, at room temperature
- 59.14 ml pureed strawberry (use all-natural frozen that have been thawed)
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
SPRINKLES STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Fill a 12 cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- 4Add vanilla and strawberry puree to milk and set aside.
- 5In standing mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- 6Slowly add egg and egg whites and mix on medium speed until blended.
- 7With mixer on low speed, add half the flour mixture until just blended.
- 8Add milk mixture and mix just until blended.
- 9Add remaining flour mixture and mix just until blended. Scrape down bowl to make sure entire mixture is smooth.
- 10Divide batter between 12 cupcake cups and bake for approx 22 minutes or until tops are just dry to the touch.
- 11Frosting: Beat butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 12Reduce speed and gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat until incorporated.
- 13Add vanilla and strawberry puree and mix until blended. Do not overmix, or the frosting will incorporate too much air. The consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice-cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Strawberry Cupcakes from Sprinkles Cupcake Shop
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g