1/1 Photo of Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango (Kha Neow Mamuang)
26 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
My Daughter has just come home from a backpacking trip through Asia. Whilst over there, she took a cooking class with Permpoon Nabnian, and bought home some of the recipes. This one was one of her favourites. Rice should be soaked at least 4 hours but preferably overnight. Soaking has been included in times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 mangoes (ripe)
- 5 cups sticky rice, long grain, soaked in water overnight
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- 1Place the soaked sticky rice and steam for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- 2Mix the coconut cream, sugar and salt together and simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile remove the rice from steamer and cool it on a tray for one minute or until it is warm. Add the rice into the coconut cream mixture and combine well, remove the mixture from the heat and leave to rest for about 30 minutes minimum but preferably 2 hours.
- 4When ready to serve, divide the sticky rice between 8 separate dishes or plates.
- 5Peel and slice the mango, divide and arrange them over the sticky rice.
- 6Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango (Kha Neow Mamuang)
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g