Recipe by looneytunesfan
Break out the napkins for this messy but delicious finger food.
Top Review by phillosi
me and my wife loved it, boiled the ribs for an hour, and dunked them in th sauce and put them in the oven on 165 C for 30 mins. My wife hates ribs but she loved these. Cook three pounds and we ate them all. Thanks for the recipe
- 1814.36 g country-style pork ribs, seperated into individual ribs
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1 small onion, minced
- 44.37 ml molasses
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Add ketchup, pineapple juice, brown sugar, onion, molasses, paprika and garlic powder. Boil for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover. Set aside.
- Place ribs in a large stockpot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- While ribs are simmering, prepare a charcoal grill. When coals are hot, push them to one side of the grill.
- Drain ribs. Using tongs, dunk ribs in sauce to coat. Place on grill. DO NOT PLACE THE MEAT DIRECTLY OVER THE HOT COALS. Cover grill and cook for 10 minutes. Using tongs, dunk each rib in sauce again and grill covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.