Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Break out the napkins for this messy but delicious finger food.
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs, seperated into individual ribs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- For sauce, melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Add ketchup, pineapple juice, brown sugar, onion, molasses, paprika and garlic powder. Boil for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover. Set aside.
- Place ribs in a large stockpot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- While ribs are simmering, prepare a charcoal grill. When coals are hot, push them to one side of the grill.
- Drain ribs. Using tongs, dunk ribs in sauce to coat. Place on grill. DO NOT PLACE THE MEAT DIRECTLY OVER THE HOT COALS. Cover grill and cook for 10 minutes. Using tongs, dunk each rib in sauce again and grill covered for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with plenty of napkins.
me and my wife loved it, boiled the ribs for an hour, and dunked them in th sauce and put them in the oven on 165 C for 30 mins. My wife hates ribs but she loved these. Cook three pounds and we ate them all. Thanks for the recipe
Very good sauce. I used it for chicken instead of ribs. I didn't use the butter because I don't eat butter. I used 1/2 pineapple juice and 1/2 crushed pineapple and did add another "S" to my recipe. I chopped up a jalapeno to add the "spicy." We both really liked this recipe. Thanks for posting!
My family says this really should get more than 5 stars. It was an absolute hit....everyone agreed!!! I thought we would have some left for lunch the next day, but boy was I wrong. Made exactly as directed, and would not change a thing.