6 hrs 30 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Give Peas a Chance
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Marinade or Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, separated
- 18 chicken wings (or drumettes, frozen)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Place all the sauce ingredients into a microwave safe bowl.
- 2Reserve 1 tablespoon of the green onions.
- 3Heat the sauce in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- 4Place one layer of chicken in the crock pot, pour part of the marinade on top.
- 5Repeat with another layer of chicken, and marinade.
- 6Repeat until all of the marinade and chicken are used up.
- 7End with marinade.
- 8Cook on low until chicken is done, 5-6 hours.
- 9The chicken is ready to be garnished and served at this point.
- 10To caramelize the chicken and thicken the sauce:.
- 11Remove chicken pieces onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- 12Strain the sauce from the crock pot, pour them into a small pot. Discard solids.
- 13Bring the sauce to a boil, turn it down to a simmer.
- 14Simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- 15Brush the sauce over the chicken.
- 16Broil on low until caramelized.
- 17Sprinkle with garnish and remaining green onion.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Sticky Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.7
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.0 mg
- Sodium 1341.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 42.3 g