Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Adapted from Give Peas a Chance
Marinade or Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, separated
- 18 chicken wings (or drumettes, frozen)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (to garnish)
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a microwave safe bowl.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the green onions.
- Heat the sauce in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Place one layer of chicken in the crock pot, pour part of the marinade on top.
- Repeat with another layer of chicken, and marinade.
- Repeat until all of the marinade and chicken are used up.
- End with marinade.
- Cook on low until chicken is done, 5-6 hours.
- The chicken is ready to be garnished and served at this point.
- To caramelize the chicken and thicken the sauce:.
- Remove chicken pieces onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Strain the sauce from the crock pot, pour them into a small pot. Discard solids.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, turn it down to a simmer.
- Simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken.
- Broil on low until caramelized.
- Sprinkle with garnish and remaining green onion.