Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to call this recipe "Redneck Chicken" because, come on... anything with a soup packet as a main ingredient is pretty redneck. But it's so good! This recipe is courtesy of Jenna Fischer from NBC's "The Office". As the name suggests, it is sticky, so I always like to line my baking dish with foil for easy clean-up.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups Russian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot preserves
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Place in a foil-lined baking dish.
- Mix together salad dressing, apricot preserves, and soup mix. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches at least 150 degrees.
Warning - line your roasting pan with foil before cooking this recipe - it burns on black. DH spent days trying to get the black off our pan. The cicken was delicious.