Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
You can use any tender cut of grillable steak...ribeye, top sirloin, NY strip, high qualty London broil, etc. Prep time includes resting time.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks (or ribeyes, NY strip)
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Rub all sides of the steaks with this mixture. Cover and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the grill to high or preheat the broiler.
- Grill or broil over high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your steaks) or until desired doneness is reached.
Absolutely delectable! Perhaps a little too sweet side the sugar proportions can be adjusted. Again... an amazing recipe! Thanks!
Very nice taste to our steaks tonight. I did skip on the cayenne pepper but added some fresh ground peppercorns instead. I was surprised we loved it so much as I was afraid it would be overly sweet but with the spices it is a very nice flavor to steak. Thanks Parsley for posting! Tagged in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders May 08
Very easy and very tasty. I subbed half of the cayenne with paprika (was a little worried about the spiciness) and things turned out perfectly seasoned for us. It wasn't clear from the directions whether ALL of the sugar mixture should be used on the steaks, so I ended up using about half, which was what looked right to me. The sugar caramelized nicely and did not leave an overly sweet taste to the steak. We were very pleased with this and will probably do this one again.