Recipe by Munchkin1287
I just created this recipe today and had it for lunch. It was just delicious... I have a bit of a sweet tooth and this was the perfect lunch for a cold, rainy day. At first I thought the ingredients sounded strange, but all together it tastes great! This is very low fat, low sugar, and vegan! *Note: make sure to serve in bowls and get a lot of the sweet broth. Also, adjust the amount of artifical sweetener according to your liking. Like I said, I have a sweet tooth, so I put in 4 single-serving packets of Splenda.
Top Review by Yassemine K.
Super! I love it! I must admit that I swapped spinach with kale and didn't use zuchinni, but only because that's what I had. I am definitely doing this again and again. Thanks a million! :)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 ounces canned tomatoes, puree
- 350 g firm tofu, cubed
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons artificial sweetener (e.g. Splenda)
- vegan cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, spray bottom and put onions and spices. Sauté onions for about 4-5 minutes on high heat, or until golden brown.
- Add vegetable stock, chopped tomato, and tomato puree.
- Add cubed sweet potato and butternut squash, and then stir the mixture. Cover pot, reduce heat, and let simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until the squash is almost tender). You want the stock to be bubbling, but not boiling.
- Add zucchini and tofu. Cover and let simmer for another 5 minutes or so, then add the spinach. Cover again and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the sweeteners. Stir everything together and make sure squash and sweet potatoes are soft.