Recipe by internetnut
A diabetic-friendly pumpkin pie everyone can enjoy. I found this recipe in Your Health magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by Cafe, Cook Auburn ma.
The first time I made this pie I baked it in the convection oven and the crust seemed under done.I baked another one for turkey day in the regular oven ...perfection.Thanks again for posting
- 9 inches single pie pastry
- 12 ounces pumpkin (1 can)
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll pastry on floured surface into a circle 1-inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pan; trim and flute edge.
- Beat pumpkin, evaporated milk and eggs in a medium bowl; beat in remaining ingredients. Pour into pastry shell. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.