Recipe by Judy-Jude
A very light and sweet salad, no oil is used in this recipe. The cayenne pepper gives the sweet dressing a little heat and the lemon zest adds some tartness.
Top Review by Elisa72
This was just okay. I left out the pecans for the nut-haters in the house; I'm sure they would have made it better, but still not great. I can see how others might really like it, it just didn't do it for us.
- 7 ounces Baby Spinach, rinse and pat dry
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, not packed in oil, cut into matchstick lengths
- 1 1⁄2 cups asiago cheese, shaved
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I used strawberry flavor zinfandel )
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first five ingredients in large serving bowl and toss lightly.
- In small bowl combine remaining ingredients for dressing and stir until honey has dissolved. Can pour over entire salad or serve on the side and apply to each individual salad bowl.
- If you want to wilt the spinach a little, you can warm the dressing up before adding it to the salad.
- Garnish with additional shaved Asiago cheese.