Recipe by S. Merrill
This spinach salad comes from my "Taste of Home" cookbook and is excellent. It is very easy to prepare and would be a terrific addition to any holiday meal, or any other time.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, vinegar, onion and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until well chilled.
- Combine spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds in a large bowl. Pour over dressing to desired taste. Toss. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for another use.