Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet oven fries!! Adapted from Cooking light (I have tried these with rutabega also, very good!)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 3 turnips, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges (6 ounces each)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray, toss to coat.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
This should be ~Spicy~ Sweet Turnips.I did pull it out of the oven in 25 minutes they melted in my mouth while lighting it up with heat! I do make my own pepper flakes This year I grew Habenaro peppers so It may be why so hot but I did cut down on them. I know turnips have heat of there own.Thanks!!!!!
Deliciously sweet! I scaled the recipe down to serve 1, and very much enjoyed this tasty addition to my meal.
Wonderful flavor. This turned out a little dry for me. Next time I will add more butter and brown sugar. Thanks for the recipe!