Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Sweet oven fries!! Adapted from Cooking light (I have tried these with rutabega also, very good!)
Make and share this Sweet Spicy Turnips recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 3 turnips, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges (6 ounces each)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray, toss to coat.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
This should be ~Spicy~ Sweet Turnips.I did pull it out of the oven in 25 minutes they melted in my mouth while lighting it up with heat! I do make my own pepper flakes This year I grew Habenaro peppers so It may be why so hot but I did cut down on them. I know turnips have heat of there own.Thanks!!!!!
Deliciously sweet! I scaled the recipe down to serve 1, and very much enjoyed this tasty addition to my meal.
Wonderful flavor. This turned out a little dry for me. Next time I will add more butter and brown sugar. Thanks for the recipe!