1/1 Photo of Sweet & Spicy Turkey Meatballs
Another recipe from my Asian cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Combine the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl. Shape turkey mixture into 1 inch balls.
- 2Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet. Add the meatballs & fry on all sides until no longer pink in the center, around 5 minutes. Place the meatballs on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- 3Drain the juice from the pineapple into a bowl. Add enough water to the juice to make 1 cup of liquid.
- 4Whisk the pineapple juice, orange juice, honey, soy sauce, cornstarch, & pepper flakes together.
- 5Pour the sauce into the skillet & cook over medium heat until it thickens, stir frequently.
- 6Once thickened, add in the pineapple, peppers, & meatballs. Continue to cook until hot. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Spicy Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 695.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g